In the year 2017 essential themes are among others:
* Inspired by Michael Harvey we will introduce the program of 'Back to Church Sunday' in the Netherlands, using the concept of invitations. This will be launched in September.
* working on the theme of 'pilgrimage for justice and peace', following the suggestions of the tenth assemble of the World Council of Churches in Busan; young adults are the focus of the program working into the direction of an international meeting in 2018, furthermore we will have a 'walk of peace' in September.
* discussing the spirituality related to the sacrament of eucharist trying to understand one another better, in March 2016 we brought a magazine about the understanding of eucharism in several churches, focussing on the experiences rather than on the dogma's; in March 2017 we will present an academic framework for discussing the theme systematically.
* we have a special program about the last part of human life, discussing also the liberal point of view of Dutch politicians on euthanasia; but we have a broader discussion involving also the good care at the last years and months of a human being.
* this year we bring a magazine about work and welfare.
* this year we bring a book with preachings of churchleaders which they held in congregations; by publishing the different meditations we make visible the inspiration of the resurrection of Christ.
* organizing the week of prayer in January 2017, using the international material in which more than 200.000 Christians participate, with also a registration of it on the national television. We make a special program for primary schools in order to promote the value of praying to young people.
* concentrating on the relation between politics and religion in talks with representatives of the government; special attendance will be given to this item in 2017, since there are elections for the parlement in the Netherlands.
* stimulating the contact between Dutch churches and churches of immigrants. A special focus is on the acculturalisation, so that new migrants get familiar to western values and western people will be used to deal with other cultural approaches.
* helping people who are in need of asylum trying to influence politics.
* stimulating Christians to take care of environment and organize lectures about this with a spiritual background with a special focus on 'food', after signing a document about 'water' as a human right earlier.
* make information available about the poor people in the Netherlands and motivating church members and politicians to work on an economy based on justice.
* organizing programs together with partners from other religions to show the mutual interest in democracy, justice, peace and integrity of creation.
* a special program runs on the use of the social media, the Council can be followed on Twitter on the account @raadvankerken (3200 followers) and internationally on @dutchreligions; we are also present on Facebook (more than 1000 friends).
Voor bijdragen: IBANnummer NL09 INGB 0000 5598 39. De Stichting Vrienden van de Raad is aangemerkt als ANBI (RSIN 802337831): lees meer
De Raad vraagt plaatselijke kerken en parochies een collecte te houden voor zijn werk. Recent een bijdrage uit Texel en Oosterbeek. Van het benodigde bedrag is er nu negenentwintig procent binnen: lees meer.
Het zomernummer van het Oecumenisch Bulletin is uit.
Het bureau heeft geprobeerd alle rechthebbenden van foto’s en andere uitingen te noemen. Mocht dat naar uw idee onvoldoende gelukt zijn, dan kunt u zich in verbinding stellen met het bureau van de Raad van Kerken. De Raad aanvaardt geen aansprakelijkheid.